1. Start with the right shampoo and conditioner. Try Aveda Be Curly Shampoo and Conditioner moisturize and reduce frizz to set you up for styling success.
2. Always blot wet hair dry with a towel. Don’t rub! Rubbing creates more frizz.
3. Try not to shampoo every day. The natural oils in your scalp are beneficial to the health of your hair.
4. Refresh scalp and hair style between washings. If you decide to skip a shower one morning, simply spritz hair with Aveda Light Elements Reviving Mist, scrunching as you go to revive and refresh curls.
5. Curly hair needs moisture. Use Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer when hair is damp and Be Curly Curl Control once hair is dry to keep curls moisturized, defined and frizz-free.
6. Blow dry hair on low speed with high heat. And use a diffuser. This gives you defined, frizz-free curls. For extra lift and volume, flip head upside down when blow drying.
7. Avoid running fingers through hair as it dries. It causes curls to separate and become frizzy. For on-the-go touch ups keep Aveda Be Curly Curl Control in your purse to redefine and de-frizz as needed throughout the day.
8. Don’t brush or comb curly hair when dry, it removes curl and causes frizz.
9. Spritz curls with a firm hold hairspray. Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Hairspray prevents frizz in humid and/or windy conditions.
10. Wrap hair in a silk scarf before bed, it helps prevent frizz while sleeping.