Stylist, Rodney Cutler of Cutler Salon, shares several tips that will ensure you get the perfect haircut the next time you enter a salon. Read and learn I know we all have made mistakes when going to a salon.
- Style your hair before going to the salon. When you arrive at the salon, we want to see your hair the way you normally style it. We want to see your abilities, so that when we design a hair style, you can actually do it yourself. You don’t want to get a haircut and then get home and you can’t manage it.
- You should never do a consultation with wet hair. The consultation is the most important thing and it’s when the biggest mistakes happen. We want to see your hair when it’s dry, what the texture feels like, if there are any colics or other qualities we might not detect when the hair is wet.
- Show your stylist photos of hairstyles you like. It’s not about trying to look like a celebrity, but about saying “This is what I like,” so everyone’s on the same page.
- Posture is important during a cut. When you cross your legs, you tend to lean in one direction. Keep your legs uncrossed and sit up straight. Otherwise, you might end up with a crooked haircut. And you need to have your head flexible, but not so wobbly like a bobblehead doll.
- Speak up when you’re not happy with the haircut. Salons don’t always get it right. Don’t be afraid to say something if you don’t like the cut. The hair salon wants you to come back, so they want to make sure they provide you with a cut and style that you love.
This is some good advice. Also be sure to pay attention to the hair products your stylist uses. They should tell you how, when, why, and where to use the products. This will help you to replicate the look at home.
These tips are great! Good thing I followed all of them yesterday when I got my hair cut!