DevaCurl is definitely the curly girl’s best friend! I recently had the chance to connect with DevaCurl and it was amazing. I learned so many new and intriguing facts about curly hair that I had to share with you! Below is DevaCurl’s 411 on everything curly!
Curls are like fingerprints; no tow curls are alike. All curls need individual attention – a little nurturing and some tLC – to become their curly best. The question is, which Curly Girl are you? DevaCurl, the premier Curly Experts, will iron out the kinks in this hair mystery and help you find your inner Curly Girl. The good news is there are some tired-and-true Curly Girl categories that hold the key to your hair’s needs and to maximize its curly potential.
When you look in the mirror, what do you see (or what do you think you should see)?
The Corkscrew – You know you have corkscrew curls if:
- Your hair role model is Lorraine Massey, the “original” curly girl
- When cut too short, “tightly wound” doesn’t even begin to describe it
- You have coily curl texture
- Your curls beg for moisture and soak up as much conditioner as you give them
- The frizz factor has made you question whether it’s even worth going outside on a rainy day
The Botticelli – You know you have Botticelli curls if:
- Your hair role model is Sarah Jessica Parker
- Your curls gracefully cascade instead of sticking straight out
- Your curl texture is fine to medium
- Those gorgeous curls on the bottom layer of your hair are often overshadowed by the not-so-curly top layer
Wavy Curls – You know you have Wavy Curls if:
- Your hair role models are sex kittens, Eva Mendez and Penelope Cruz
- Your hair occasionally develops a natural wave, which you’ve tried to blow straight
- Your hair texture can be fine to medium, wavy or straight
- Your hair has a tendency to look unkempt
- Your hair often looks flat at the crown
S’wavy Curls: You know you have S’wavy curls if:
- Your hair role model is Kate Winslet
- Your hair seems straight, but could be encouraged to do a bit more
- You think your hair is incapable of the perfect wave
Thanks DevaCurl. Read more about DevaCurl at www.devachansalon.com!
My curly hair is the “Boticcelli” type, definitely, I love it but I am thinking of doing a Keratin treatment. I am a liitle bit afraid of never getting my pretty curls back, what do you suggest? Do you have any before and after pictures of somebody whose done a treatment with the curly hair like mine?
I have Botticelli curls as well and I’ve done the brazilian keratin treatment, after it wears off my hair is exactly the same. The reason the keratin treatment makes your hair straight/shiny is because it basically puts your hair in a straight-jacket of keratin that washes out over time (why hair gets a little wavier with every shampoo). of course if you hate it you could always use a sulfate laden shampoo to get it out fast.
Im feeling the same as you on this. my curls are boticcelli and my hair texture is very thin & with all the rave about the keratin treatment . Im questioning wheter i should attemp this. i like to wear my hair curly as well as blow dry it straight. Please let me know how it works