Bridgitte Bardot was the choice inspiration of the ORGANICS by John Patrick 2010 Fashion Week show. The hair was phenom and definitely hair raising. Aveda lead stylist Odile Gilbert created this amazing look. “Our collection this season is centered around big, beautiful hair that makes our hand-woven tweeds look happy. Despite some inspiration from Joni Mitchell, Lady Diana, and Brigitte Bardot, the hair look is modern—very young and fun, not polished or structured.” stated John Patrick of ORGANIC by John Patrick.
How to recreate this look at home:
1. Brush through hair and prep with Aveda Phomollient™ Styling Foam to add body and shine. Use a comb to create a left side part.
2. Divide hair into four sections: sides, back, and top. Fold the top section over the face and clip back to separate.
3. Backcomb the back section of hair with a brush to create messy volume. Spray liberally with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
4. Create an anchor by crossing bobby pins horizontally across the middle of the back section of hair, just below the crown of the head.
5. Using large hair pins, attach a hairdresser’s sponge at the crown, where bobby pins are anchored.
6. Cross the right section of backcombed hair over to the left, pinning over the hairdresser’s sponge with large hair pins. Repeat with the left section of backcombed hair, bringing it to right. Take all remaining hair in the back section and twirl to the left to create a French twist. Secure the twist at the nape of the neck with hair pins, creating a tail of loose hair draped over the shoulder.
7. Set aside a portion of hair to fall in front of the left ear, and brush remaining top section of hair over the hairdresser’s sponge, Pin it into the French twist to create a “pouf.” Pull lightly with fingers to create loose, spontaneous volume. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
8. Leave wisps of free falling hair in front of the left ear, and loosely pin remaining pieces above the right ear. Finish with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
Photos Courtesy of