January Jones was vying for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her iconic role in “Mad Men,” — but she was also in competition for one of the hottest women I saw on the red carpet yesterday. (Yes, I was there! Right there on the carpet with throngs of celebrities!)
“January has to maintain very specific hair style for her show, so she doesn’t have the freedom to cut her hair. A modern, asymmetrical bob was the perfect way to have fun with her look,” says editorial stylist Mark Townsend, for Dove Hair Care, who created January’s look for the event.
Mark Townsend created an edgy, fashion-forward look for January Jones. “A textured, asymmetrical bob was the perfect way to incorporate January’s love of editorial fashion and runway style into a feminine, yet tough look,” said stylist Mark Townsend.
Here’s how to get January Jones’s look:
1) The night before, use Dove Intensive Repair Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen hair and prevent damage.
2) Second day texture was key to achieve this runway-meets-Hollywood look, so I pre-styled her hair the night before. Distribute Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse throughout and blow dry hair with round brush to add lift
3) Set top sections of hair with large, 3 inch Velcro rollers for 15-20 minutes. While rollers set, add extensions in the front only to make hair longer in the front and shorter in the back.
4) Spritz throughout with Dove Heat Defense Therapy Mist to protect against styling damage.
5) Wrap 1 ½ to 2 inch sections of hair around a 1 inch curling iron to create a big, loose wave instead of a tight curl.
6) The next day, reapply mousse to add lift to hair, and blow dry gently with a round brush to freshen up ends but not set perfectly.
7) Rake a small amount of Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream through hair to add smoothness.
8) Finish the look by spraying Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray with Natural Movement (Aerosol) to set the style but still allow movement.
By Aly Walansky