I love the long natural waves look that was featured during New York Fashion Week. Aveda lead stylist Jenn Chiminiello created “wilted waves” using Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion and Aveda Air Control Hair Spray at the ORGANIC by John Patrick Spring/Summer 2011 Fashion Week presentation in New York.
“The undone, wavy look is sexy and unrestrained, inspired by a girl’s hair after she’s been in the water. It’s very soft and flowing with lots of texture to give it a natural messiness. It’s loose, second-day hair—like it was curled the day before and then left alone. Our collection this season is based around water. I love that the hair look evokes the salty, windblown feel of hair that’s dried after being in the ocean. The style definitely has some 1970’s, Charlie’s Angels inspiration but the finished look is completely fresh.” said John Patrick of ORGANIC by John Patrick
HOW TO GET THE HAIR LOOK:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother for sleek smoothness and to prevent frizz. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a strong part of the left side of the head.
2. Scrunch Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam into damp hair and massage into roots for volume and shine. Blow hair dry with a large ceramic round brush, curling ends under.
3. Pin top section of hair up with a large clip so sides are free for curling. Use a large-barrel curling iron on one-inch sections of hair at a time, working from the bottom up.
4. Remove pin from top section and curl as done on the sides.
5. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion from roots to ends and rake hands through hair to create texture and loose roughness to waves.
6. Finish with a mist of Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for light hold and pull ends forward to rest on shoulders.