Right off the runway! Here’s Costello Tagliapietra’s runway hair look created by Rita Hazan Salon’s Nelson Vercher.
Vercher says he was going for a look that embraced spring & summer humidity rather than fought against it. The result is a messy but still chic updo.
Get The Look:
1. Start with wet hair, can be freshly shampooed or simply re-wet.
2. Layer in products from roots to ends – first apply leave-in conditioner, then a silicone based product, followed by thickening cream. If you have fine hair, you can also add mousse then rough dry hair briefly with fingers to thicken hair.
3. Use fingers and run through hair at roots to add texture. Pull hair back and away from the face to fall loosely at neck.
4. Separate hair into two panels of top and bottom, but create the part on a diagonal (from top of one ear to bottom of the other)
5. Create a separate roll with each section: bottom section of hair should roll upward, and top section of hair should roll downward. Using two fingers to wrap the section of hair around into a roll, then insert bobby pins to secure in place.
6. Once both sections are individually secured with pins, pin the two rolls together in the middle for the final look.