Here’s a few simple steps to help prevent future damage to your locks:
- Use a thermal protector when heat styling your hair — nothing will help protect it more than a layer of protection directly on the strands!
- Use a comb directly out of the shower, brushing wet hair causes it to pull, stretch, and snap. work from the ends up for best detangling!
- Use U.V. protecting hair products, the hair is part of the same integumentary system as our skin – protect it from the sun!
- If you are a frequent colorer, make sure your stylist is using low ammonia hair color and avoid running the color through the ends at every visit.
- Turn the heat down on fine hair. Just because the iron gets to a high temperature does not mean you need that much.
- Feed your hair. Make sure you are eating foods rich in protein. Taking a multi-vitamin daily would also help assure you’re getting all the vitamins you need.
- Be sure to keep up with your routine trims – one trim a year is not enough to keep up with split ends! Cut them off before they travel