According to Redbook, here is a list of the 10 WORST things we do to our hair:
1. Using old styling tools – clean between each use to remove and prevent build up and germs!
2. Using rough elastics - using elastic that is covered in fabric (like a scrunchie) will prevent snagging!
3. Infusing hair with too many chemicals - a chemical overdose can cause breakage and damage. Tr y a pre-treatment before your next visit to the salon!
4. Setting the heat too high - don’t turn the dial above medium!
5. Skipping heat protectant - this is important to help seal in and maintain moisture to keep your hair shafts healthy!
6. Going too long between haircuts - snip the split ends before they take over! The only thing that makes them go away is a trim!
7. Brushing from the roots down - prevent snagging and breakage by working out knots from the bottom up!
8. Handling wet hair roughly - wet hair is more fragile — be careful while combing!
9. Slathering on too many products - build up is NEVER good and can block hair from soaking up natural moisture.
10. Keeping the same shampoo for changing hair - as your hair changes, so should your shampoo!