Ask Us!

Attention Savvy Stylers
Find a new favorite flat iron? Have a healthy hairstyling tip? A must-have potion for those lovely locks? Tell us!

Send us your hairstyling tips, product reviews, questions, blog entries, you name it! We may feature it online on our blog or in an upcoming newsletter. How cool is that? It’s like being semi-famous without the pesky paparazzi.

Just submit your comment below, or you can always send an email to info@stylebell.com.
Go ahead, talk to us!

50 comments for “Ask Us!

1. December 21, 2008 at 2:57 pm

Is there a video I can watch to show me how to use the HAI digital rod? Your written instructions are clear, but how in the world am I supposed to hold the end of my hair to the rod when the temp is over 300 degrees without burning them??

2. Nicole
    January 2, 2009 at 10:43 pm

If you are african american, can you use moroccan oil with a straightening comb? Will it damage the hair?

3. Adelaide
    February 11, 2009 at 12:06 am

Could you post about hair products or techniques for women with low-density hair? I can’t find anything really solid about it. Thanks!

4. MB
    March 3, 2009 at 3:49 pm

Hello,

Can someone please explain how to straighten hair with the Hai Elite Rod?

Thanks!

5. Cherish
    March 10, 2009 at 9:28 pm

Hello! I have a question: I have relaxed hair, and your tutorials on beachy waves with a flat iron worked wonders for me. Are there any other hairstyles that you can recommend?

6. MANAL
    March 22, 2009 at 11:16 am

hello , can i use keratin treatment during pregnancy

7. Shannon
    April 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Hi there.

I was told that you can get tablets that make your hair grow is this true?

write backkk
    thankss

8. Tami
    May 7, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Hi!
    I need your help. I cut my hair LAST JULY, and it has only grown a few inches and it’s uneven!! What’s worse is that my hair is really dry, and when I put hair oil on it, it’s still dry. I don’t know how to take care of my and I need to know if I should something more than washing every week, and oil my hair and scalp.

PLEASE write back as soon as you can
    Thanks so much

9. May 9, 2009 at 6:51 am

my face is oily with a lot of pimples…..what should I do?
    it’s even quite brode………so wat cream haircut i need

10. Debbie Cameron
    June 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm

I have been using hot rollers for years now and have been on a continuous search for a thermal type styling spray that I can use on each section of hair before I roll it on the hot roller. I mainly want something that will give me some mileage out of my curls. Hot rollers are such hard work for a fabulous do that falls flat a hour or two later. Any tips on a good product that will give me some “curl lock” ?

11. Fredricka
    June 4, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Would like to know what products from stylebell works best for african american hair. I have a perm now and I want to go natural, but straight.

12. June 7, 2009 at 7:25 pm

Can you flat iron your hair a weeks after having your hair treated with the Brazilian Keratin?

13. June 7, 2009 at 7:43 pm

Can you use a flatg iron a week after having your hair treated with the Brazilian Keratin?

14. Nichelle
    July 2, 2009 at 9:38 am

I am thinking about the Brazilian Keratin treatment but concerned about whether it will destroy my hair and it will not grow. Any thoughts? Does the treatment promote hair growth or damage the hair so that the hair will not grow.

15. Rouby
    July 23, 2009 at 8:37 pm

hey i was also thinking about this brazilian keratin treatment that everyones talking about.. I’ve dyed and bleached my hair so many times its almost looks like a ball of hay when its not styled.. i want a deep treatment that will deeply nourish my hair but i love my curls and i dont wanna lose them! is there anything u can recommend to restore my hairs natural oils and moisture which wont in turn straighten out my hair?

16. Michelle
    July 24, 2009 at 4:58 pm

Hi,

I have really thick curly hair and I’ve never found a product that gets it nice and defined and soft. I usually have to set it in French-braid pigtails and when I loosen them my hair comes out in beautiful defined curls.

A long time ago on a modeling shoot this stylist used a product that made my hair the same as when I braid it but I don’t remember the name.

Does anyone know of this product or can recommend any products for curly hair? Note: I tried Ouidad and Matrix and they never worked for me.

Thanks

IM

17. October 15, 2009 at 11:42 am

Question: I am thinking about buying a CHI flatiron but
    I can’t decide between the CHI turbo and the original.
    I have thick,long,curly hair and I am tired of spending
    three hours on straightening my hair.Some ppl say the
    turbo is better because it is faster but I have also heard that it doesn’t get as hot as the original.Should
    I just stick with the regular one?

18. Jamila
    October 25, 2009 at 11:17 am

Hello,

I got my hair relaxed with the Brazilian Straightening treatment yesterday.My hair is really thin and now my hair looks super straight, but has no body or anything. The shop who did my hair never told me that I could not roll my hair with rollers/curlers. They only told me that I could not get my hair wet or wash my hair, or put it up in a ponytail for 4 days.

If I roll my hair, will my hair fall out because I did not wait 4 days.

19. Jamila
    October 25, 2009 at 11:18 am

Hello,

I got my hair relaxed with the Brazilian Straightening treatment yesterday.My hair is really thin and now my hair looks straight, but has no body or anything. The shop who did my hair never told me that I could not roll my hair with rollers/curlers. They only told me that I could not get my hair wet or wash my hair, or put it up in a ponytail for 4 days.

If I roll my hair, will my hair fall out because I did not wait 4 days.

20. December 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm

I have side swept bangs that look great first thing in the morning, but tend to get stringy and piecy by the afternoon. I try to counter-act with dry shampoo, but in a few hours it happens again. Any other tips to keep this from happening?